I made 2, well, if you count Klee’s Castles, I made 3 pieces for this challenge. I still have some fused fabrics so there could be more!! This one I call Chartreuse Square in a Square until I come up with something better. Maybe Chartreuse Joy because it is a very happy piece.
Here is a detail.
Here it is in progress. You can see how I drafted the piece on the paper beneath the teflon sheet. I used different sized squares that would fit into a 12 inch square. I fused the piece on the teflon with the drawing as a guide. Then the whole piece is fused to batting. I wanted to use lots of different colors to show how well chartreuse works as a neutral.
This is the second piece which I actually made first.
I named this one All My Exes. It is a riff on a Paul Klee painting. Here is a detail:
I started by making fused fabric ala Melody Johnson.
Here it is in progress. I had a drawing that I used as a guide for this, but it was not as accurate as the square in a square piece.
Here is the piece fused and partially quilted.
It seemed lacking to me. I thought it needed a focal point and some texture so I added the large Xes and left dangling threads when I stitched them.
I hope you will head over to the Twelve by Twelve blog and see what all my friends have done with my favorite neutral.