These are my color wheel fabrics so far. As I expected the really potent orange dye made all colors in which it was used look more orange. I want to get a real red, a better yellow green and yellow orange.
You can see that I dyed a lot of fabrics that turned orange in my attempt to get the right colors. Here are the other fabrics from yesterday’s run. More orange! And I love that green which is yellow with black. I wanted a lighter shade of that.
So, I went back to the studio today and dyed three more fabrics. Here they are, marinating in my warm studio. I will get them in the morning and wash, dry and iron them. I think I got what I was hoping for.
I am finding this method of having dye concentrate ready for mixing and dyeing is going to work well for me. You avoid the mess of starting with dye powder every time.
I had a good time yesterday spending time with my Condo Quilter’s group. We had lunch and shared our work and did some critiquing. Mr C had to drive me as I am finding it more and more difficult to walk very far. Our hostess drove me to my studio, where I rinsed out my dyes fabrics to take home and launder. Then, Mr C came and picked me up. I find myself having a meltdown most every day as I deal with the pain in my knee. I am feeling slower and less mobile and am gaining weight and feeling crappy too often. But, as Mr C says, each day, I am a day closer to getting a new knee.