I feel like the little boy in The Music Man, waiting for somthin’ special to arrive. Here is what I am waiting for:
- Superior thread from The Web of Thread in Kenmore, WA
- Beautiful hand-dyed extra large backing fabric from equilter
- Cotton batting by the yard and extra large felt to cover my design wall from Fabric Depot (This I could have picked up, but they do free shipping and I am afraid to go in the store until I get this current project done.
- A custom designed quilt hanging device from the Quilter’s Husband (also some spray fuse).
- A step counting pedometer because I have joined Debra’s walking challenge: Quilter’s with No Fat Quarters. All we’ve agreed to do is wear a pedometer every day and attempt to do 10,000 steps/day for 2 months.
I have finished fusing the liturgical piece and can’t do anymore until the above supplies arrive. So I am working on the fish quilt. Here is a photo of the piece as it now lies draped over my work table.
Last night we went to see the DaVinci Code. I enjoyed it. It was a very faithful interpretation of the book. Then we went out for Japanese food – Yaki-soba and some spicy California roll.
Today was family dinner day. Here are the beautiful peonies I picked up to go with my peony place mats:
Steph and Jack dropped of M & M while they did some shopping for his new office. Milo showed me his tattoo of a dragon:
And Mia twirled around the living room: (clickable)
We enjoyed a meal of grilled Copper River Salmon, tri-tip, pasta salad with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, asparagus, bread and strawberry shortcake (biscuits made by Steph, Yum!)
Hope you are all having a great long week-end!!