I found some fabrics in my stash that should work with my color palette. I hope to get to the studio tomorrow to start mixing some dyes. It should be fun.
I had to rest my body today. I didn’t sleep well last night. I had to stop taking Aleve pm because it was doing a number on my tummy, but I think I will take one tonight with some Pepcid and hope for the best.
I am really getting cabin fever. We are having gorgeous weather and I wish I could go out and take a long walk.
The last week of my basic dyeing for quilters is a test, in a sense, of what we have learned about mixing dyes. We are to pick a photo that is a color inspiration for us and then determine what the colors are. I used Photoshop Elements to help with the process. I have always loved the colors in this photo that I took on a trip to Seattle. I love the colors of this outdoor furniture display.
Here are the colors that I pulled out.
Now, I have to go through my stash of hand-dyes to see what matches I have. Then, I will mix up some dyes and try to match the rest. I think this is going to be fun.
I had a busy few days and now I am paying for it. On Friday, my iPad died and then came back to life, but it has been working very slowly and has given me lots of problems. We went to the Apple store and I bought a new one. Wow, what a difference. I love the retina display and of course it is very zippy.
On Friday night, we went to a fun Mardi Gras cabaret at Trinity which was a fund raiser for the choir’s trip to England and France next year. They did an array of fun show tunes.
Last night, we went to the symphony and I did too much walking and am paying for it today. I can barely move, again. I only had a slight meltdown and I enjoyed watching the superbowl and especially the half-time show. And, I am getting closer to the fix for my knee.
This week we have left the world of bright happy colors and have gone to the dark side. I am loving these complex colors. The above colors are achieved by mixing complementary colors.
These shades of colors are achieved by adding varying amounts of black to the basic colors. The turquoise on the bottom has the most black added.
I still have to wash out an experiment I did with adding dye of another color to already dyed fabric.
I also got a better blue mixed up. The other one I had was not a primary color, it seemed to have some green in it.
I had a busy, busy week-end. On Saturday, I had a guild new member mingle in the morning and then out for dinner at friends that evening. On Sunday, we hosted a bit of house tour for some new people who have moved into a unit like ours and wanted to see how we had decorated. Then I had a Surface Design meeting in the afternoon.
I did something to my other knee and so I have been really hobbling around. I have a problem taking pain meds because they are upsetting my stomach and to tell you the truth, I am miserable most of the time. I am just glad I have something productive to do to take my mind off my misery, at least temporarily. I have a call in to the Dr., but I think today was his day off. As Mr C likes to say, every day, I am a day closer to getting my new knee.
I had great results on my re-dyeing session. I used less orange in the red and yellow orange and less black in the yellow green.
So here is my new run of colors. Wonderful addition to the gloomy, rainy days of winter here in Portland. It was pretty nice today, however.
I have been doing a lot of knitting as I limit my activity to keep from having too much knee pain. I have added my favorite chartreuse color to this Fuzzy Wuzzy cowl that I am knitting.