I’m back at my sister’s home after a fabulous week at Rehoboth Beach. The weather was fantastic and I now have an official summer tan. I have some beachy observations to share and NO pictures in bathing suits.
- The first day you get to the beach town, you are very careful to cover-up as you walk back and forth and around the house. By the end of the week – who cares – ’cause you have seen everything!!
- I spent a lot of the time at the beach observing how bathing suit manufacturers place wild tropical prints on the upper torso and backsides of bathing suits made for women with ample figures. In general, they are not flattering!!
- When I am around my family, I feel so normal in my body. I realize that I come from good peasant stock and none of us is petite!
- Body art is really in. I saw lots of tattoos and belly button adornments.
- One of my favorite sights was the obviously well-educated and brilliant family that sat under umbrellas sort of theater style and read large books and only occasionally slipped in to the water to cool off. They must have been using 85 sun screen cause at the end of the week, they were still as white as when they arrived.
- The waves were quite wild and so I never went in very far. I was very afraid of a boob getting away.
- I was able to read 3 books. I am on the fourth now. I finally read The DaVinci Code and loved it because I am a puzzle nut.
- I discovered Cranium – a fantastic, eclectic board game that requires artistic skills as well as brain skills. The women beat the men!!
Tomorrow, we have a family reunion of my mother’s side of the family. I haven’t been to one in awhile so it should be interesting. There will be games for kids, a live band, barbecued turkey and all sorts of food to share.