PamDora tagged me. So here you are: Twenty things about me.
1. I was born at home when it was not the in thing, but the standard.
2. One of my first memories is sitting in the hallway listening to the birth of my brother who is 3 years younger than I.
3. I am the oldest of 5 children. I am ten years older than my youngest sibling.
4. When I was in grade school, I had many jobs on our family farm ?¢‚Ç¨‚Äú gathering eggs, grading eggs and, in the spring, canning maple syrup.
5. I raised pheasants and capons to earn money for college.
6. I was a cheer leader and played the clarinet in band and orchestra.
7. When I was 15, I worked for our school music teachers during the week. I babysat after school, while Mrs. Wilbur gave piano lessons, and I cooked dinner. Mr. Wilbur and I used to do dishes together and get things ready for breakfast. They were like second parents to me. I would not have gone to college were it nor for their influence on me.
8. I was valedictorian of my graduating class and I still have the notes from my speech. It was about libraries and the importance of reading.
9. When I was a teen-ager, I remember reading ?¢‚Ç¨?ìGone With the Wind?¢‚Ç¨¬ù with a flashlight until I would fall asleep.
10. I was junior prom princess and runner-up to Miss Cortland County. Parading in a bathing suit and heels is over-rated!
11. I never had a steady boyfriend until I was a senior in college. He was in ROTC officer training. He went off to Germany and that was the last I saw of him. He wrote to me to tell me that he had met someone in Germany and wanted to give me first chance, if I was still interested ?¢‚Ç¨‚Äú what an ego ?¢‚Ç¨‚Äú I said no thanks.
12. I met Steve on a blind date. Mutual friends thought we were perfect for each other ?¢‚Ç¨‚Äú they were right!!
13. I used to be a weaver. I just sold my loom two years ago as quilting was taking over my life. When my kids were quite young, I worked at a department store during the holidays to earn the money to buy my loom.
14. I was knitting before it was cool to be knitting.
15. I love to sing and I have a song for even the most insignificant events of my day. I drive my family crazy!!
16. I once owned and operated two Diet Centers. I was skinny and had to stay skinny and I think I ruined my metabolism.
17. I am a three time breast cancer survivor.
18. My greatest accomplishment is raising three incredible children. I love spending time with them.
19. Mia and Milo, my grandchildren, have brought so much love and light in to my world that it sometimes takes my breath away.
20. I love that I have found art quilting. I love the creative process and the friends I have made.