To say that the Congdon/Barnes women are ecstatic would be an understatement. As of my last look, the bid total for the Kim Family Auction is $11,347.29. When we started this, we thought $5000 would be fantastic. We are getting some great press and some very generous folks are coming to the auction site and bidding up, up, up.
I have a small piece, Spooner Lake Aspens, which now has a bid of $325. I must have some really good and generous friends out there. Whoever you are, many thanks for participating.
Another reason to be happy ?¢‚Ç¨‚Äù I sent off the CD of jpegs and entry form for the She Made Her Mark today. I was really excited to get that finished. Now, I have to wait until February to know if I made it in.
Terry Grant did a retrospective collage of her quilts from the past year. You can see it here. So, I thought I would put one together, too. Mine isn’t as neat as Terry’s because I am not as adept at Photoshop. I need to be more prolific in the coming year.
I am also a little late at posting my goals for the coming year.
- I always strive to stay active and live a healthy lifestyle.
- I will finally start my correspondence class with Jane Dunnewold.
- I will strive to make more art.
- I will do more surface design.
- I will enter and get in to more shows. (Now that is an affirmation!!)
- I will continue to enjoy the benefits of being a wife, mother and grandmother.
- I want to go to Houston International Quilt Festival
- I will launch my website.
- I will explore more places in and around Portland.
- I will continue to enjoy the blogosphere and those who inhabit it.