As the Super Moon also known as the Strawberry Moon, shines brightly tonight, I have been spending the day trying to discharge a moon shape on a red background.
My first attempts were on red silk and red cotton. The silk was a bust.
The cotton discharge was pretty good, but I decided it was too small.
I cut a larger freezer paper stencil and discharged again.
The result was the photo at the top of this post. I am very happy with it.
I finished the red organza collage, edges and all. It looks great. Tomorrow, I will stitch the red cotton to the pre-felt and shrink it and hope I get good results!!