I will not be posing a lot of creative stuff for a while. I am in the process of publishing two newsletters – the one for the guild is almost finished and have to start the one for church later today.
I also had to go back to the Dr. yesterday. I finished my last round of antibiotics last Friday and by Tuesday the headaches, vertigo and noises in my head were back with vengeance. Sudafed helps to control it, but then I can’t sleep because I am wired. Last night I took half an ambien and no sudafed and finally slept 7 hours. I am seeing a specialist when I get back from AQT and have a catscan scheduled next week.
Karoda asked about the Sopa de Azteca. This is a soup that is delicious, nutritious and not for the faint of heart.
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces and add to 2 quarts of chicken broth and heat.
- Meanwhile, saute in olive oil, 4 chopped garlic cloves, 1 medium chopped onion, 1 diced green pepper, 2-3 diced stalks of celery, 1 diced carrot, 1 diced zucchini – until wilted.
- Add to the chicken mixture with 1 package frozen chopped spinach and 2 cans diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz) and 1 tablespoon basil and 1 tablespoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Simmer for 1/2 – 1 hour
- Grate lots of jack cheese.
- Dice lots of fresh avocado
- Dice chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce (Find them in a can in the Mexican food shelf)
- When ready to serve – put some cheese and peppers in the bottom of the soup bowl, ladle in soup, spoon on avocado. WARNING – use chipotle peppers sparingly unless you have an asbestos lining to your mouth!!
- Serves 10
I’m off to get my hair color refreshed.