I have had a busy week, finishing my quilt for the SAQA Habitat exhibit. I had it professionally photographed on Thursday. Yesterday and today, I spent a lot of time cleaning up my studio/multipurpose room. When I am in the midst of a project everything just piles up. I also got the fridge cleaned and did some major food shopping.
On Wednesday, I took my last acrylic pouring workshop, I picked a large canvas and so used a larger cup for layering the paint colors.
It took a lot of twisting and turning to get the paint to cover the canvas. Here are the wet results – looks like marbled paper!
I hope to pick it up tomorrow to see how it looks dry.
I found out on Friday, that a friend had tagged me in an Instagram post to win some beautiful naturally dyed thread. We won!! This is what I am getting. I am scheming something special for them.
My next project is to make some samples for a Prayer Flag workshop that I am doing at Trinity, starting in April. I have been collecting some nice stencils for the students to use. I will share what I am doing on the blog.