This is a detail shot of the printing I did for The Printed Fabric Bee. Leslie Jenison chose urban surfaces as her theme. In my last post, I told you that I started with a cotton scarf on which the dye job was pretty sad.
I painted it with diluted DynaFlow paint to dirty it up and gray the colors.
Then, I went at it with construction fence under a silkscreen and black paint.
I went home and let it dry over night. The next day, I used a white beeswax crayon and a rubbing plate to make marks on the piece.
Next, I went at it with a syringe and lime green paint to make graffiti like marks. I was quite worried when I left it because the paint was a lot puffier than I had planned, but when I came back the next day, it was dry and flat.
Leslie asked for a 6″ x 18″ piece. I had enough for two. So, it was easy to get a nice 6″ piece for the giveaway.
Click on the collage to go to our FaceBook page to leave a comment and go to The Printed Fabric Bee Blog to leave a comment for a chance to win the fabric collection.