It has been another busy day. But, I am happy to say that I have the Illuminated Rosales ready to deliver to Trinity tomorrow. It has been a while since I was working on this. This piece sort of evolved and went in a direction I didn’t originally plan, but I think it is an interesting piece, none the less. Here is the original photo:
I am quite pleased with the backing that I used. I had a rather large piece of industrial felt which I cut larger than the finished quilt. I Mistyfused the felt and the back of the quilt to give a better adhesion.
After the quilt was fused to the felt, I carefully rotary cut the edges to the same size.
We bought some aluminum bars at Home Depot and cut them to size. On one, we drilled holes a half inch from each end. I had a bit of a problem finding the right glue, but my local mixed media store had E6000 epoxy which Jane Dunnewold recommends in her tutorial. I glued one bar, with the holes to the top. The ends with the holes are not glued so that the holes can be accessed for hanging.
The other bar was glued to the bottom to help the quilt hang straight. I fused a label, and I was done. The fusing makes for a nice tight bond on the edges so I did no other finishing.
I was so busy doing this and gearing up for the SDA registration to start next week, that I almost forgot to do my drawing. I hope I have time to work on the drawing a bit more once the registration is underway.
This is a drawing of a very bruised pear.
I still have a scratchy throat, but I seem to be able to keep going. Tomorrow, I will be helping to text the new online registration system. Hopefully, it will go live on Monday.