I think I am getting somewhere. Do you like my scrappy work area? That stray orange square is not supposed to be on the green section! Last night, Mr. C said, "Your other piece had more variety in the colors." I realized then that what was bothering me and what made it static was using solid areas of the same color. So, I started over and replaced the green with a brighter one. I used two different blues – a purply one and a true blue&;nbsp; and a turquoise. For the greens, I used a true green and a blue green and some lime green accents. For the yellows, I added a warmer orange/yellow and some yellow/orange. Then I mixed up the red/ magenta/hot pink and violet. To each area, I let some color from an adjacent area migrate in to the space to create more movement. I really like what is happening now. It is not so static, and I think it was what was in my head and it took some help and some time on the floor to get it.
Thanks, everyone, who had an opinion!! Now, I have to fuse and cut a bunch of rainbow crosses.