I am in multi-tasking mode. Doing this and that and nothing is close to being finished. So far I am coping.
I decided it was time to do a major purge of stuff from my office. I have stuff from my year as guild president that can be tossed. I have a box of registrations for the SDA conference from almost two years ago. I needed to shred the registrations because they contain personal information and credit card numbers. My shredder is old and very primitive. I fried it about 1/4th of the way into the job. I have a new one that can do 12 sheets at a time and cross cuts. Now, I have boxes of lovely packing shreds. However, it will go into our recycling bin. It may take a couple of weeks to get rid of all of it.
Remember this piece that I made last spring? The Old Growth Forest?
It has some redeeming value – really! I have an idea to cut it up and create a more complex piece. Amazingly, I bought a gorgeous piece of hand-dyed muslin at PIQF which just looks beautiful with this.
When I want to cut something like this up, I print a photo of it on paper and play with it that way.
I think it has possibilities!
I ironed the two scarves that I used the deColourant on yesterday. The scarf with green and blue in it was done with Colorhue Dyes. I was wondering if they would discharge. It looks like they did. The proof will be in the wash out which I will do tomorrow.
Poor Scooter! He is having cabin fever. We have had lots of heavy rain showers so our walks have been much shorter. Here he is doing the Downward Dog in the studio tonight.
I was mistaken, I have one more page in my sketchbook. Tonight’s piece is playing with lines and titled, Fissure.