I tried a different configuration for the beads on my moon. It just didn’t speak to me. I had an epiphany that I needed to do some interesting hand stitching instead of beads. I had an idea in my head but wasn’t sure about executing it. I started drawing sketches of marks in moon shapes and decided I just needed to have at it. I did the curved lines first and was very happy with the result. I was originally was going to stitch circle shapes, but ended up referencing circles with some seed stitches. I used a variegated Perle cotton that goes from yellow gold to a yellow green to red. It was perfect for the discharged area. Here is the final piece which I love so much.
For a third piece, I am repurposing a piece I did with pomegranate photos printed on organza and collaged.
The first thing I did was remove the binding and finish it with a facing.
I already like it better, but I need it larger and more red. So I am making another quilt using red dupioni silk. I will mount this on top.
That is tomorrow’s project.
My raspberries are beginning to ripen. Here is Tuesday’s picking:
Here is today’s — almost double.
Needless to say, we are all very happy with yesterday’s Supreme Court ruling. Now, Lisa and Clay can be legally married and have the same benefits of same sex couples. I love how happy they were on June 1st!!