I wanted to get my pet postcards finished because I have to get busy on my quilt for the SAQA Oregon show. I need to have it done by the end of the month. So, I decided to resurrect my Bernina 170 which I have been using as a felting machine for over a year. To use the felting attachment, I had to remove the bobbin case and hook race. Dummy that I am, I forgot about the hook race. I thought I had misplaced just the bobbin case. I looked high and low and could not find it. I finally found one at a Bernina dealer near me. When I started to attach it, I realized I was also missing the hook race. I knew then that both had to be some place in my studio. There is no way that both could have been thrown out or disappeared. I had to find the bobbin hook race because it is really expensive to replace.
I finally found them safe and sound in the Bernina accessory case, under some fabric in the bins behind my sewing machine.
The problem was that I had a storage case from my former Janome that looked similar so I thought they were not where they belonged. There were in fact two bobbin cases. So, now I have 3 – I can play with tension to my heart’s delight.
So I got it all assembled and had to do some futzing around because I have been using a Janome for so long, I couldn’t remember how to do anything. I had to get out my manual.
Once I started working, I realized how much I love quilting with the Janome. This Bernina is several years old.
I am not happy with the one up at the top because the script gets lost in the quilting. I went over it with a pen and it did not help. So, I decided to experiment with the monogram feature on the Bernina. I think this will work better, especially if I use a contrasting color.
On another note, I am having the ultrasound tomorrow. I will be glad to get that over with.