I have a deadline of Saturday to get my piece finished for Virginia Spiegel’s Fiber Art for a Cause Reverse Auction. I took the work in progress to California with me, but never took it out of the bag.
The first thing I did today was to add lots of orange and some brighter prints over the base fabrics.
I did some very simple grid quilting, using a wonderful turquoise/orange Sulky thread.
While I was on vacation, I took my poor overworked Janome 6600 in for a tune-up. I picked her up today, and she is purring like a kitten.
For the final layer of the collage, I cut strips of the turquoise fabric which I have arranged on the collage. I worked really hard to get these so that they made a statement, but didn’t look like a haphazard mess. I still have to do some quilting on these.
Then, I will trim it and do the Sue Benner satin stitched edge.
Next, I have to finish my 18″ X 18″ piece for the SDA conference member’s show. It has to be postmarked by March 1, which is a Sunday! Since I am going to Eugene on Friday to attend an Oregon SAQA meeting on Saturday, I guess I have to get it in the mail on Thursday – Yikes!
Tomorrow, I have to get my teeth cleaned in the morning and then take down my show in the afternoon. I am supposed to attend a STASH get together on Thursday, but I may not make it.
And now, I am going to work on SDA registrations awhile before I go to bed. Ta!