I am so stressed by the construction that Mr C is doing down here in my space. Don’t get me wrong, I think what he is doing is great, but I sure wish he had waited until I had all this work done for my January show. I still can’t get to my copier and thermofax so all the collage pieces that I want to do with images from the ruins and the security wall have been put on hold.
I can’t use my computer when he is sanding dry wall so I run upstairs and then I get distracted and don’t get back to the studio.I think that tomorrow, I am going to lay down the law and kick him out until next year.
Tonight, I needed something that made me feel I was accomplishing something and was sort of mindless and peaceful so I worked on the batik Jerusalem cross. I have each of the rows in neat piles with the row number.
Then, I set about strip piecing.
I got all the rows stitched in one direction. Now, I just need to press the seams and stitch the other direction.
I also finished fusing the Dead Sea piece. It is sandwiched and ready to quilt. See that green line running through it? That makes it eligible to enter in the HIgh fiber Diet Line Dancing show.
I was tagged by Natalya to list 7 things you might not know about me. I’ve done this before, but I will try for 7 more.
- I played the clarinet in band and orchestra.
- I have never ridden on a roller coaster, and I never will.
- I did not get my driver’s license until I was 20.
- I once worked in the boy’s department of a store at Christmas to earn the money to buy a floor loom.
- One of my front teeth was broken when an enamel pitcher fell off a shelf at summer camp.
- I don’t act my age!
- I need to have the radio or tv on when I am working. It annoys Mr C!!
I have to get up early and pick up my organic, free range turkey. Today, I went to the Holiday Farmer’s market and stocked up on some great veggies. Steph and I are coordinating the cooking.