This is what it looked like outside today, but I felt like this:
I had so much fun in my studio.
My first item of business was to make a screen for the glue to add foil to the dome. This is the best way to foil, using a stencil or some other method to manage the glue. I wanted to just do some highlights. Here is the screen and the glue test on muslin.
Here is the dome photo after I trimmed it and glued it to felt batting.
Here is the test foil:
Looks good to me. Here is the real deal. You can see that I have started quilting the wall.
I finished the Bet Sha’an ruins piece. I decided that I did not want to sandwich it with batting so I painted some canvas for the background.
Here is the piece finished: stitched to the canvas with some thread painting.
All photos are clickable. You can see more snow photos on my Flickr site.